Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Monday, September 21, 2015

This Is Not A Test...


I think this has been the most uneventful day 2 of travel ever...  At present, I am sitting outside... on a balcony... where we just watched Wishes and Illuminations... at the same time.  I feel incredibly relaxed.  I wonder if this is what most people are talking about when they utter the word, "vacation".

We only had a little over 200 miles to drive, today, which put us in Orlando at around 2:30, after having lunch at Stevi B's, where Phil also managed to participate in a chat for his doctoral cohort.  When we arrived, our hotel suite was ready (even though it wasn't nearly time for check-in, technically), and we found ourselves on floor 14 (er... 13?) overlooking all of Walt Disney world on one side and a gorgeous lake on the other.  It's a good way to spend the first week here before we venture onto Disney property.

Some favorite pictures of this day include:

That moment at lunch when it occurred to me that
I really need to listen more intently to Ian:


Miah helping with the luggage cart
(she's as good at this as I am):


And, the kids hanging out on the balcony:

The refrigerator is stocked, after Miah was appalled to find it empty and, upon learning that we needed to fill it ourselves, exclaimed, "Well then, I see how it is!"  Just FYI...  Wal-Mart in Orlando is overwhelming.  There are more people in the aisles than in the theme parks!

And now we sleep... because Sea World awaits...

L.

Pictures Taken Today: 59 (Ouch!  I'll have to remedy that tomorrow!)

No comments: