Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday, 14 August 2006


  • Pregnant women should not be invited to weddings...
    Recently, I received an invitation from one of my very close friends from high school, to attend her wedding this month.  I was thrilled, especially since I have not seen her in about five years!  Then I got to thinking...  What will I wear?
    After going through my "dressy" maternity clothes, it became very apparent to me that I couldn't wear anything I already had.  In fact, it became apparent to me that I couldn't wear any of these things... anywhere... ever again!  I bought them when I was pregnant with Seth, and quite frankly times have changed and so have I...
    So I set out to find a cute maternity dress that was appropriate for a wedding...
    After quite a bit of on-line research, I hadn't really found anything I loved... Actually, I hadn't even found anything I remotely liked.  However, there was one dress that was OK.  The only real problem with it was that it was black, and I wondered if wearing black to a wedding was still taboo...  At any rate, I ordered it, because I figured it was better than wearing a paper bag!
    Unfortunately, when it came, I hated it...  It is still sitting on my kitchen counter waiting to be returned...
    So, I set out, again, to find a dress...
    This time I even attempted looking in stores...  like real stores...  you know, the kind you have to actually go into...  with your physical body...  yeah, anyway...
    It did not take long for me to realize that no one thinks that pregnant women should be invited to weddings, as I could only find exceptionally ugly shirts and a smattering of shorts...
    So back to the Internet I went...
    This time I landed at Motherhood Maternity (same store I bought all my ugly maternity clothes at 6+ years ago) and decided that, since I was running out of time, I'd order several dresses (that's 5) and just send back the ones I didn't like...
    They arrived today.  We still don't have a mailbox, so I frantically sent Phil to the post office right before it closed.
    Upon opening my package, it seemed like a fun idea to try them all on...  kinda like having my own dressing room.  It wasn't fun...
    They ranged from truly hideous (I look like Shamu on a bad day) to astoundingly stupid (don't they know that horizontal stripes make you look larger).  And now I'm not quite sure what to do...
    *** Erin, if, by chance, you're reading this, I'm still secretly (hehehe... on the World Wide Web) thrilled about coming to your wedding.  I'll be the one in the paper bag...
    Lisa

No comments: