Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, February 11, 2011

Why 5 Is Enough For Us (Part 1)…

I am having the extreme pleasure of watching a friend’s baby today. Ella is two weeks old. She is beautiful, and she is exceptionally good. As of this writing, I have had her for almost five hours and she has cried twice… for about 15 seconds each time. I hope Brandy needs me to watch her on occasion, because I am loving every minute of it.

However…

I think something must have changed in me at some point, because up until today all of the little “last firsts” with Miah have been very sad for me. I have nearly been dreading Miah’s birthday next month as it gets closer and closer, because it will mark the end of the “baby year”, and therefore the end of our “baby years”.

But I realized something as I was snuggling Ms. Ella while Miah tried with all of her might to tackle us (don’t worry Brandy… she did not succeed… that’s what older siblings are for)… I don’t want another baby. I totally love Ella. As the years go by and my friends continue to produce offspring, I think it should be a law that they have to leave them with me for a full day at two weeks old. But Miah is… and forever more shall be… my baby.

OK… so never say never, right?

I may wake up on my 40th birthday and just have to have another one in order to survive. If that happens, then fine. I will grow old changing diapers. However, at this particular moment, I sure don’t think so.

There is a lot more to this… But it has to be a two parter (at least), because I have an awful lot of little people who need me now!

Lisa

No comments: