Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Sunday, September 30, 2012

I Am Determined...



Not to fall apart this time.

It's been a rough year.  But God is still God.

I do not like being caught with my guard down, but that is exactly what happened today, and I can't get it back.

And so the tears fell.  And considering the absolutely ludicrous, almost impossible scenario I found myself in, I have to guess that it was a very normal reaction.  Not a display of weakness.  I'm so done with weakness.

And Ian...  He made an excellent facade...

And Caleb...  You have to love a little guy that sees Mommy's tears and rubs my back, never asking why...

And Phil...  Super Hero.  That's what I have to say about him.

This afternoon, in the midst of an eclectic  mix of music... and Scripture... and thought processes, a literary reference came to me.  Well, truth is truth wherever you find it:     

"It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart" (Finnick Odair in Suzanne Collins', Mockingjay, 2010, 156).

Frankly, I don't have that kind of time to waste.

L.

No comments: