Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

And So, It's A New Year...

I spent much of last year counting my blessings and trying to make each day a memorable one.  If you have been following my blog for very long, you know that the preceding year (2012) was a rough one and that I entered into 2013 determined to live life and love life, regardless of the circumstances in which I found myself. 

I didn't photoblog every single day, but I did have a record breaking year at 157 posts, and I am so glad that I have a tangible reminder of God's grace in my everyday, ordinary life.  I have learned a little something about being content, and I am happy.  Sometimes I cannot believe that this life, blessed beyond my wildest expectations, is mine.

That's not to say that there aren't struggles... some of them pretty enormous...  But there is something powerful about living a life of love and gratitude.

And so it begins again...

The truth is, last year at this time about all I could really hope for was to check my attitude, worldview, and outlook and to somehow crawl to a place where I trusted God more fully and recognized the great ways in which I have been blessed.  I wouldn't change one step of that journey.

Looking forward, I have a few more concrete goals, but mostly I hope that in 2014 I can do less... and be more...

Carrying on...

L.

No comments: