Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Sunday, May 25, 2014

You Don't Get To Choose...

... your family.

Well, actually, that's not 100% true.  I mean, you really don't get to choose your family of origin, but if you decide, at some point, to get married, you actually do get to choose the people who will make up half of your family, for the rest of your life.

And let me tell you something.  You are not going to find perfect people!  But you can find people you love...

I am an only child.  I wanted my children to have siblings... and they do... and I love that.  But I think it was also important to me to marry into a family where I would have "siblings", too.  And now I do... and I love that, too...

This side of our family had not all been together in almost four years!  That's too long!  We had a good weekend, but I think my favorite part was going out with my sister-in-law, Sheri.  I sure wish they lived closer.

Well, here we are:


Cousins...  You'd think I could get nine kids, ages 2-15, all looking at the camera, with their eyes open, at the same time, but actually, I couldn't...  Sorry, Seth...  This was the best picture of everyone else.  As a side note, it's usually Seth who I can count on to keep looking at the camera, so this is sort of funny:


Enjoy your family!

L.

No comments: