Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Campmeeting 2014...

This is the first time ever that I can remember being sort of glad that campmeeting is over.  But let me explain...

We knew, heading into this summer, that we were going to have six weeks of near non-stop activity.  Today (or maybe tomorrow, more accurately), marks the end of those six weeks.  And they have been good weeks.  Really, really good weeks.  But we're exhausted!

I'm looking forward to a (slightly) slower pace in August.  But before I switch gears, let me share some of my favorite things from this past week:

*We're home.  Last year I could hardy bring myself to pull away from the campground, I was so certain that we were supposed to return home.  This year, I walked across the grounds, opened my back door, and smiled.

*Old friends and new friends.  Every single time.

*My kids have been coming to this camp for years.  They have now reached a point where they have perennial camp friends.  I love the experience they're having.

*Great photo opportunities:






*Snow-Cones.

I hope this doesn't sound seriously "un-spiritual".  The truth is, last year I felt like almost every single word of every single sermon was specifically for me.  And, although the worship services were good this year, I have to figure that sometimes they have to be for someone else!  Every day this week just felt like a bonus day at camp.  And it's all good.  I'm really happy with where I'm at and with what God is doing!

L.

No comments: