Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, September 6, 2014

My Past...



... does not define me.

But the truth is, it has helped to form and shape who I am.  And I am exceptionally happy that this is the case.  It's not a tragedy if our journeys have made us into the people we are today.  The tragedy would be if we didn't learn or grow from our experiences.

That said, I think it should be relatively obvious that if you put me in a position that is nearly identical to something that was devastating (yes, I said it, I meant it, I am not being dramatic, and it's true) to my life; I am, naturally, going to take a fight or flight approach.  That's self preservation.  And even though I am more than willing to give up my own life, again and again and again, for the sake of Christ; I am not willing to give up my own well being and emotional, mental, spiritual, and even physical health for the sake of the drama on which other people seem to love to build their lives.  It's just not happening.

L.

No comments: