Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, April 20, 2007

Bodily Fluids Can Be Entertaining...

Well, it's been a while since I've made a "real" post on here. After today, it's probably going to be a while again... sorry. But there are a few people out there who want an "update" on how life is going around here, so here it comes...

I have a little over two weeks of school left. I am having an educational meltdown of sorts. If I spend a whole lot of time blogging and not a whole lot of time submitting homework assignments, I am going to destroy my GPA. Actually, no. My GPA is not going to look pretty after this semester, anyway. But if I don't get the work done, I am seriously going to be putting my financial aid in jeopardy, and I certainly cannot afford that.

The kids have pretty much finished up eveything they need to do for Kindergarten and First grade... and a good portion of what they need to do for Second grade. Here I remind you that Grace is only five years old, and Seth was not yet "compulsory school age", this Fall. I will be declaring "summer vacation" soon, because we are seriously out of stuff to do...

I have spent the last two days covered in spit-up, vomit, and pee, compliments of Caleb and Ian. One of these days, Caleb is going to be potty trained. Until then, I am going to have to get the refrigerator lock fixed... yes... the refrigerator. I am not 100% sure what happened, this morning, but I think Caleb pulled his diaper off and then when to the fridge for a drink. In the process, he... uh... sprayed the floor in front of the fridge and the bottom shelf, as well. Thankfully, it is getting close to grocery shopping time, so it's not like there was any food within reach, anyway... ugh. This goes down as one of those things I just never imagined I'd have to clean up. I think he was pretty proud that he didn't get his diaper wet... You know... someday when my kids are older and I no longer have to spend all of my time cleaning up bodily fluids, I am going to buy satin sheets.

I have been working on my book, as well, and can't seem to make myself take a break from it until school is out. I am around page 94. I do have one chapter that is going to have to be completely re-written, though. That means I'm not getting a whole lot of sleep between the book and the very hungry caterpillar... uh... baby. Ian eats a lot...

Overall, I think life is alright. I am tired... as in really tired. But I am happy.

Look for another post in a couple of weeks.

Lisa

No comments: