Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, April 5, 2007

It's almost time...

I have been working on a book for the past 18 months. Well... that's not exactly true. It goes something more like this... I stay up until midnight working on the book one night. Then I stay up until 2:00 or 3:00 am working on the book the next night. Then I don't touch the book for three or four months. I start thinking about the book again, and the process begins again. And it goes on... and on... and on...

But I think I am really supposed to finish this book. Like, right now.

When it is finished, I am going to publish it myself. This is for a couple of reasons. First of all, I don't have the patience (or maybe the endurance) to suffer through long publishing processes that would probably end with a pile of rejection letters. And second, I don't want anyone to do anything to change my book.

Perhaps no one will read it. I guess I am OK with that, but I still hope someone reads it anyway.

It will be very honest... and very raw. And with that in mind, it will also be written completely from my own point of view, so I'm pretty sure there will be people who feel it is less than honest. That's because there are many... many sides to the story. I doubt those people will read the book anyhow, but just in case, I have changed their names... and the names of their churches... and the names of their towns.

I am telling you all of this, because I am currently caught up in the chapters that are the heart and soul of the story. And it is very difficult to write. And I want to make sure I have "done justice" to this part of the journey, if nothing else.

I fully expect to be less sarcastic and less cynical when I have finished. I am already well on my way. But I will still have a dry sense of humor, because that's just the way I am.

So, please send up some prayers for me while I finish this project. I'll let you know when it's done, just in case you want to read it.

Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for being honest and real! I'm really looking forward to reading this book when you're finished. Too many are afraid of being open, honest and raw, because it makes them uncomfortable. At long last I think I've accepted that pretending things are fine, when they arent, is much worse than getting real and discussing fears, feelings, doubts, etc.

Keep us posted! God bless.

Kassie
snowangl84 - xanga