Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday, 20 September 2006


  • The past couple of weeks have been a little... well... hectic...
    So, for those of you who need your curiosity appeased...  Let's backtrack just a bit...
    September 7th, we celebrated my birthday.  It's really on the 8th, but only by 2 minutes, so who's really counting?  I prefer to celebrate at exactly 12:02 am on the 8th, because I really like to open presents... hehehe...
    So...  I opened presents (As soon as I finish Hogan's Heroes Season 4, I can start on The Brady Bunch Season 1... YES... got some great new music, reading material, bath stuff, candy, Chick-Fil-A lemonade... don't laugh... and fun stuff from the kids).  Then I went to take a psychology test (uh... wait... that wasn't part of the celebration... just something that had to be done).  We ate at Cheddars, which absolutely rocks...  Where else can you get chicken AND steak like that?  Here is a pic. of me with the four greatest kids in the world...  So now I am 27... 
    IMG_1418
    After our celebration, we came home to pack... because I have always wondered what it would be like to take a 20 hour train trip with three children, while 24 weeks pregnant.  It was fun... except for the part where we had to carry all that luggage...  Here are some pics. of the kids on the train.  "Russia" is cold.  I love Ohio.  That's all the detail you need... and it's also all the detail you're going to get... hehehe...
    IMG_1421 IMG_1422
    We got home... lamented the fact that we missed a full week of school... did more laundry than should be legally acceptable... and prepared for Seth's birthday...
    I cannot believe that Seth is six years old!  But here he is, enjoying his birthday at Chuck-E-Cheese:
    IMG_1428 IMG_1436 IMG_1441 IMG_1444
    IMG_1443 IMG_1449 IMG_1455
     IMG_1460 CEC9
    Edit:  Here are Seth's Birthday pics:
    We had fun back at home, too, where Seth got a boatload of Rescue Heroes stuff, including a Rescue Heroes cake...
    IMG_1485 IMG_1467
    I went back and looked at Seth's baby book today.  We sure have changed:
    IMG_1487
    So... we had a great time, but all of the excitement finally came to a head in the middle of the night, and I headed to the E.R. with Seth, who had been fighting an asthma attack for the past week...  After plenty of breathing treatments, a couple of shots of steroids, and a chest X-ray, we made it back home with some new stickers and coupons for free ice cream...  I think he's almost back to normal.
    We got back to school on Monday.  Swimming started too, but I accidentally got Seth there 1/2 an hour late, so he'll start next week!  It's just about time for soccer and gymnastics to kick off.  And my 17 credit hours are working out OK after all. 
    God is good... really, really good.  And the journey continues...
    Lisa

No comments: