Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Sunday, July 8, 2007

So, I find myself sitting in front of my computer... again... and thinking about all of the things that have happened in the week since I last posted... ugh... I am never going to remember it all...

We had a very nice Fourth of July celebration with Phil's family. We drove up early and stayed all day. Actually, we stayed longer than we'd planned, but we were having so much fun! The kids loved playing with their cousins all day, and I might add that Phil enjoyed playing with his brothers, too... Here they are on a slide at the park:

And here's the whole gang, posing for a pic. on the porch:

This particular pic. turned out FAR better than the last one, taken in 2005. Next time you see all of these faces together, I believe it will be "Cinderella Castle" in the background...

Caleb... always good for comic relief... entertained us by eating 3 hot dogs and an ice cream cone, which he consumed from the bottom up! Too funny...

On the 5th, Phil had an all day long train watching adventure with his dad and brothers. The kids and I joined them for dinner at the depot, because we never pass on pizza. Then Phil dropped us off at home, and we watched Toy Story 2 and fell asleep on the sofa bed...

And then, yesterday, we enjoyed Cedar Point trip # 3 of the season! It was extra fun, because Brad, Sheri, and Abby joined us for the adventure. Other than a few tense moments when Seth and Grace forgot that Abby was a human being and dragged her through the ride lines like a new toy, I think we did pretty well...

It was, by far, the worst weather we have had at CP, this summer. It was beautifully sunny, but it was way too hot! Sheri and I hit most of the kiddie rides with our little gang, and we were exceptionally thankful for the "Snoopy's Summer Vacation" show, because the building is air conditioned! Phil and Brad rode coasters for a good part of the day, but they met up with us several times, and we all spent the evening together. I finally managed to get Grace on the Mine Ride, but it took some doing. We had to wait until the ride operator changed, because the guy is starting to recognize us, and he will not let her on, even though she is about 1/1,000,000th of an inch too short. She, of course, loved the ride. We stayed for the "Hot Summer Lights" show, and seriously, I do not understand what all the hype is about. I did have one rather embarrassing moment, when, for the first time in my life, I couldn't fit quite right on a ride... It was the "Snoopy Express", and Ian and I just couldn't get the seat belt to snap around both of us... Eventually I put him on the seat beside Caleb and thought, for the billionth time... I need to lose weight. Following are some of the best pics. from this trip. Unfortunately, I was having trouble holding my camera still, or something, because I blurred a lot of shots that would otherwise have been very good...

Takin' Up Most of the Seats on the Jr. Gemini


Seth & Grace Phil & Caleb Brad & Abby

Spinnin' on the Super Himalaya

Grace, Caleb, and Me Abby, Seth, and Sheri

Ocean Motion is a Very Gentle Ride... I, uh, Promise...

See... I fit... Ugh...

Too Cute on the Carousel...

CP Nightlife... At it's Best



That's it for now. I have cleaning to do... Can anyone explain to me how my house gets to be such a mess when we are gone? It is a phenomenon that I cannot quite grasp...

Lisa

No comments: