Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Sunday, July 1, 2007

I need to make some changes...

OK, so that's always true, but I am referring specifically to my blogging format at the moment...

I currently have two xangas, a blogger, and a myspace. Technically I have some other site, too, but I only signed up for it in order to read Sheri's (my sil) blog. And this is not working for me. It's way too much to keep up with.

I initially separated this blog (which I call my "personal" blog) from my ministry related blog, because I felt that what I had to say about religion and the church might not be suitable for some of my younger readers. I wasn't saying anything inappropriate. It was just more mature content that was better geared toward readers who were interested in such topics and wanted to discuss them without reservation. In reality, this separation of blogs proved relatively worthless, because within a few posts some people who don't care for what I have to say very much were reading several times a day and leaking my new site (probably without knowing it) to the young readers for whom it was not. But I kept the sites separate anyway.

Over time, I have gained an international reader's list at my ministry related blog. I am not claiming fame or popularity. The list is small, but the point is... It's diverse. I am enjoying the people I'm "meeting" on-line, and it's all good. I, however, do not wish to combine the sites at this time, because I am not too interested in plastering pics. of my family all over the place for people I do not know. That said, if you read this site, I know it...

I also eventually set up www.blessedmommyof4.blogspot.com, because I wanted a place to specifically write about my kids, and because... as you probably already know... I earn money off of my advertisements on that site. So far I have earned a little under $9.00... hehehe... Don't any of you people shop at amazon?

At any rate, these are the three places I blog... primarily... And here's what I have decided to do about it...

From now on, I am going to make this my main blog. OK, so it has basically always been my main blog. But what I mean by that is that everything I blog will be posted here! If I make a post that is specific to religion, I will copy and paste it. If I make a blog that is specifically about my kids, and I think others might want to read it, I will copy and paste it. If you read this blog, you will not have to check each of my blogs anymore for new updates, because it will all be on here. (But you should still go click through to amazon and buy stuff... hehehe...)

With that, I have much to write about and precious little time tonight, because... hey... I want to watch The Cosby Show. If you find this pathetic, well... you're probably right. But I am too tired to do anything more interactive at the moment.

I will leave you with a couple of funny thoughts, though...

Tonight, we were doing our family devotions, and they were about the ten commandments. One of the questions for the kids was, "What are some of the rules at your house?" Caleb's answer was, "We have to eat!" He is a bottomless pit!

Another question was, "Why are rules important?" Seth's answer, "Well, rules about school are important so we won't be dumb." That cracked me up.

Well, I'm out for tonight.

Lisa

No comments: