Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Caleb!

Can that be right? Time flies, but that's nothing new. In some ways it's hard to believe that Caleb is already 4, but in other ways, it seems like he has been a part of our family forever, and we have often had to remind ourselves, "He's only 3..." so I guess it feels right...

Caleb had a great birthday! We have kind of strung it out over the past couple of weeks to be honest. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we celebrated at Shedd... Then, we celebrated again with Phil's mom and dad... Then, Phil took Caleb to see "Go, Diego Go" live, as a "Daddy time" thing, but also as an early b-day thing... And finally, the big day arrived!

We spent the morning playing at the park and taking pictures, which was a lot of fun. This is the first time I have ever decided to take one of my children's b-day pictures myself. I think they turned out well. I am posting a few (translates a lot):
In the afternoon, we ate at "The Fishy Restaurant" (AKA Long John Silvers), because Caleb has wanted to go there ever since he saw the big goldfish on the outside of the building. We enjoyed it far more than we thought we might, and Caleb certainly did, because he informed us that he is going to choose "The Fishy Restaurant" for all of his birthdays!


In keeping with the nautical theme, I made a "Finding Nemo" cake, which Caleb liked... but he said it didn't look like a cake... go figure...
After the cake and ice cream, Caleb opened his presents, which were mostly Thomas the Tank Engine related... of course...
We pulled as many things out of their boxes as possible, and then we rushed off to Seth's baseball game, where Grace, Caleb, and Ian played on the playground while Seth practiced...

And then proceeded to whine while Phil and I tried to watch the game...

Upon returning home, we watched "Finding Nemo"... But Caleb fell asleep about 3/4 of the way through... which is just a shame, since I will now have to watch it again with him (I love the movie)... It was a good end to a good day...

Lisa

No comments: