Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy 9th Birthday, Grace!

I am back blogging this post, because due to various computer storage issues, I did not have pictures to post until now...

Grace's 9th birthday was terrific! In fact, she said it was the best birthday ever, so I'm pretty happy about how it went down!

We experimented with homemade pumpkin pancakes for breakfast (I had some, myself, for the first time ever at IHOP earlier in the week), and wow... were they ever good!

It was a busy day in which we couldn't seem to get anything to come together in any reasonable amount of time, but Grace didn't mind, so Phil and I were the only ones who were stressed.

For the first time in MANY years, Grace did not choose Chuck-E-Cheese for her birthday dinner, but rather Golden Corral. Could it possibly be the light at the end of the rat infested cardboard pizza palace tunnel? Nah... we have three children younger than her...

We had a kind of pathetic b-day cake, but again Grace didn't mind, because Daddy served her an enormous piece that got us all laughing... she couldn't finish it all!

There's a story behind that candle...
No... wait... There's a candle behind that candle...
We were all out of 9s, but we managed to find a 6...
hehehe... epic fail! :)

That is one large piece of cake!

No doubt, present time was Grace's favorite. She got all kinds of stuff including hair things, shower gel, candy bars, magnets, books, and CDS. The "big ticket items" were the Lego Family House, Wii Sports Resort, and the New Tinkerbell Movie. By the time she was done opening things I think her head was spinning!

Oh no... She's not excited at all...

So... I feel the need to explain the Dora book...
Grace lost a copy of this book when she was like 4...
She has never forgotten it or stopped asking us to replace it
(even though her interests are far beyond Dora now).
She kind of laughed when she opened it...
I guess she will read it to Miah!

My favorite part of the day, of course, is getting those birthday pictures. And so here she is... my incredible 9 year old princess without whom I cannot imagine my life. I love her so much:


Lisa

No comments: