Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How To Split A Pumpkin In Half...

So I had this "great" idea...

We had a few leftover pumpkins from HallowedWorship, and if I can help it I don't like to let perfectly good food go to waste. Although I had never cooked fresh pumpkin before, I decided that it was definitely worth a try. I did not take into consideration how difficult it is to cut a pumpkin in half.

I began with a steak knife (They are good for carving Jack-O-Lanterns after all). When this did not work, I did a quick google search to determine the best way to break these stubborn vegetables! I tried with a chef's knife (that failed). I tried with a screwdriver and hammer (that failed, but slightly less). Finally, as a last ditch effort, Ian and I went outside and threw a pumpkin on the concrete. Much to my delight (and Ian's as well, who said, "Way to go, Mom") it worked. We proceeded to throw all of the pumpkins on the concrete... some of them repeatedly... until they split. I think we made some pretty good sound effects while we did this.

Ian and I had a great time!

We are getting new neighbors... I have joked about this before, but maybe I really am the reason everyone has their houses up for sale on this street...

Pumpkin rage...

It was fun (and it's going to be tasty, too)!

Lisa

No comments: