Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"First Day of School... First Day of School"...


It's 2:45 in the afternoon, and I am completely and totally wiped out!

I slept at weird times all summer long.  I just did.  This did not serve me well when my head hit the pillow around midnight and my alarm went off at 6:00, this morning.  I know, I know.  Supermoms can make it on 6 hours of sleep on a regular basis.  If you recall, I gave that supermom thing up.  I really need nine hours if you want me at my best...

Anyhow... after I dragged myself out of bed at 6:15, it became painfully obvious that if I really want to get everything done that I need to get done before breakfast, I need at least 60-90 more minutes, but two hours would be best.  I have absolutely no illusions that this is going to happen, which means I'm simply not going to get everything done.  It is what it is.  What I did manage to do was take a bath, treat my severely cracked feet, brush my teeth, throw clothes at Ian, and dress the "baby"... uh... preschooler... uh... can that be right... before starting on breakfast.  I took pictures of breakfast.  I heard Grace remark, incredulously, from the other room, "Seriously?  Is Mom taking pictures of our breakfast?"  Yes.  Yes I did.  It was a really good breakfast:

Bacon, Eggs, and Cheese - All rolled up in Crescent Rolls:

Raspberry, Strawberry, OJ, and Yogurt Smoothies:


I also took pictures of the children, before I would let them eat breakfast, because at our house, you never know what someone might look like after a meal:

Miah - 3 Year Old Preschool:




Ian - 1st Grade:
This is the picture he wanted to take:

This is the picture I wanted to take...
On second thought, the other one is probably better:


 Caleb - 4th Grade
Except he wants everyone to know
that he does 5th grade math:

 Grace - 7th/8th Grade
Homeschooling is complicated:

Seth - 8th Grade:


And then I thought circle time was worth a couple of shots, as well:

Calendar Time:

Miah putting up the "First Day of School" magnet:


We accomplished a lot of schoolwork today.  Caleb has been to his piano lesson.  Grace is headed that way in a little while.  From what I understand, quite a bit of quizzing took place in the "down time".

Maybe we can go to bed after dinner tonight...

L.

PS  This is a picture of Ian's "Summer Vacation" report.  Undoubtedly, this was my favorite assignment of the day.  Next year I'm making him write his own captions, though:

No comments: