Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Twelve Years Ago, Today...



… we made a choice.

Sitting in a little house on the EMD campgrounds, Phil and I looked at each other and asked (and answered) a question, “Are we going to sit around talking about it forever, or are we going to do it?”  And then we jumped in, with both feet, and started on a journey that lasted for a dozen years and changed us, forever.

Today, we pulled a moving van into the driveway at a little house on the EMD campgrounds.  And just as the decision all those years ago was an answer to the call of God on our lives to leave home; this day was an answer to the call of God on our lives to return.

It’s been one of those days that you just couldn’t dream up, even if you tried…

From the sounds of Caedmon’s Call’s “Coming Home” blaring on the radio, at sunrise, as I crossed the Michigan border…

To the welcome we received from friends, old and new, for the unloading of the truck (and I have to note here, that two of those sets of friends had also greeted us, in Colorado Springs, when we first began this journey – simply amazing)…

To watching the kids run across a field to a playground to play with kids they knew in what seems like a former life... and they don't even realize it... but I do...

To the worship with Olivet’s “The Narrow” that seemed to hit on every era of our adventure, leaving me in tears for most of the night… happy tears… astounded tears…

To the way this house even smells and feels like that first little house...

I am, perhaps, a little floored at the way God works things out. 

“How many years did you plan this moment here just to show me that you love me?” (Britt Nicole, Seeing for the First Time).  I am so thankful, and I wouldn't change a thing...

L.

No comments: