Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, January 1, 2016

And So It's A New Year...



I have made no resolutions.  However... 

Our family has just a few more Sacred Days left, and that time will be followed by Epiphany, which, for me, will begin with some Soul Care Days that I desperately need.  Mostly, I need them desperately because all of the Soul Care Days I took, last year, were saturated with crisis management, and I think I can get away for a few days, now, without that kind of distraction.  When those days draw to a close, I will jump back into school (mine and the kids') with both feet.  I cannot think of a better way to enter into Ordinary Time.

I need an ordinary year, really.  I know that's the sort of thing that most people don't wish for, but it sounds amazing to me.  More than anything, I need to reset the rhythms of my life and to spend my time on the people and things that are central to being the person I was created to be in view of the redemptive work to which God calls us to join in.

This morning, I read a post by Derek Webb that struck a chord with me in so many ways.  What resonated the most were his thoughts on personal liturgy.  He wrote that there are, "things that I don't necessarily or always believe, but I show up to recite again and again in hopes of believing them... so I'll go on reciting and adding to my liturgy in hopes of believing the words, because I wish to.  More than ever, I wish to."  This has caused me to think deeply about some words found in Scripture, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief" (Mark 9:24, NIV).

So often, I find myself in this place where belief and unbelief seem to be at war within me.  I'm not sure the very best plan is to "fake it 'til I make it," but sometimes things do become truth to us if we say them enough times.  And so I will...

L. 

Happy New Year:
We rang in the New Year with 4 straight minutes of kissing...
Someone was bound to grab the camera...  Thanks, Grace...
Caleb said, "I don't know how you breathe!"
Grace replied, "I think they give each other mouth to mouth..."
Excelling At Awkward Since 1979:

No comments: