Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Vomit...



... is apparently the theme of my day.

I know, I know.  You don't want to know.  Really?  You're still reading...

I literally did vomit, this morning, after biting into what I thought was an omelet stuffed with cheese but what ended up being an omelet stuffed with something else altogether.  I think it might have been salsa.  I think I might have sensory issues.  At any rate, not the best way to start my day.

Then I wrote about vomit... no kidding... in a story that I'm working on.  Bet you can't wait to read that one...

And finally, a friend of mine mentioned to me that I might be vomiting my feelings all over the Internet.  And she was absolutely right.  I am.  On a daily basis.  And, here I go again...

I legitimately hate drama (the bad kind, not the, "Hey it's a musical!" kind).  For years I have walked around shaking my head and wondering why some people seem to thrive on it.  My preference would be to never be in crisis.  It just would.  But something awful occurred to me, today (soul care days sometimes do this to you, fair warning).  Sometimes when we have been dealing with a crisis for an extended period of time, it almost becomes easier to keep dealing with it than to let it go.  This must be why people hold on to their drama.  It is comfortable, convoluted as that might sound.  It becomes a part of us.  But I don't think it has to be this way.

I think, whenever possible, the best thing to do is to communicate with the people in your life who are causing you to struggle.  Let's be real, friends.  That's not always possible for a variety of reasons.  Today, I have been thinking about friendships that have just run their course, and let me be the first to say, it is a terrible thing to think about for too long.  I don't like it when friendships end.  I guess nobody does, but it is the absolute worst when they end without closure, when they just sort of fade away and you don't know why... and they don't know why... and nobody knows why... or everybody knows why but nobody wants to talk about it. 

When that happens, I'm pretty sure I write... incessantly... in code, because let's be real (again), I'm actually not nearly as real as I'd like to be.  Honest, yes.  But honest people can not say a lot of things, too..

Which, I guess, is exactly what I just did... again...

L.

No comments: