Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!!!

A few quick notes from the past few weeks of my life...

*** Children will try the things they see on video games. If Mario and Sonic can do somersaults on the trampoline, then they think they can, too... This may result in severely bloody noses... Please keep in mind that if you shove gelatin under you child's upper lip when he or she has a nose bleed, the bleeding will most likely stop. This is not professional medical advice... just words of wisdom from experience. I do not know why it works, and I don't really think I want to... If you need any more proof, you can ask Grace about her recent experience. She will be trying less innovative tricks on the trampoline for the foreseeable future...

*** Four year olds are very intelligent. We were out on Wednesday, and around 5pm Seth and Grace started whining that they were hungry. We played with them a little bit and acted as if we weren't going to get them anything to eat. They were frustrated. But Caleb knew exactly what to say. He informed us that, "If we don't eat, we'll die!" This netted him (and everyone else) a good laugh and some McDs...

*** I took my CAAP exam and my business outcomes test on Wednesday night. I passed the business outcomes test and have no reason to believe I did not do well on the CAAP, as well. This is hurling me at the speed of a snail toward graduation, as they still can't get my transfer credits squared away... You would think it would be pretty obvious that if I can pass the business outcomes test; I have taken the required courses... duh!

*** For anyone who doesn't know, Grace and I are planning a trip to Orlando this summer for her to take part in the Children's World Bible Quiz competition and the other children's worship services and service projects that are available. We have been selling candles and cookie mixes (even door to door). We are not that great at selling stuff, but we have friends who have been helping us out, so we are doing OK. If anyone wants to order candles you can go to www.abbycandles.com and designate First Christian Church/Firehouse ministries when asked if you want your order to support a fundraiser.

*** I have finally posted a couple of back blogs. You can check out our experiences at NYMC '09 and Disney on Ice if you scroll down.

*** Lately, I am really exhausted, but life is still good, and God is still amazing! However, if you tell Ian that he is wonderful he will respond by saying, "No I'm not, I'm Ian!"

I'm out...

Lisa

No comments: