Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Priorities...

... Can Be Overwhelming!

The next few weeks are going to be insanely busy in the homeschooling department. We have two weeks to make sure that Seth and Grace are prepared to take the ITBS (Iowa Test of Basic Skills), because homeschoolers are not (get this) ALLOWED to take the ISTEP (Indiana's standardized test). And then we'll spend a week actually taking the ITBS. This would be rather consuming in and of itself, but then there is Grace... little super star that she is...

Grace has to prepare for the District Finals quiz in April, accounting for lots and lots of hours... She is also preparing to play in the Guild Auditions (comparable to a solo and ensemble event) in early May, accounting for more lots and lots of hours...

And it's hard to get all of the priorities straight... I mean... we did, indeed, make it to library story time this morning (about 2 1/2 minutes late since we had to park halfway across town... the library is the happenin' place to be around here on Tuesday mornings, let me tell ya)! And, we got our new Y cards, even though we haven't darkened the door of the Y in months... Then there's a play date this afternoon... and a portrait shoot (or maybe two) tonight... and Elevate tomorrow night... and Illuminate on Thursday... which leads straight on in to "Fire" on Friday... and I have to do my school at some point, I suppose...

And it's past time to make lunch!

So... when all else fails, and I just can't get it all done, I've learned that the best thing to do is just to sit down and blog... because, after all, that's very productive, you know! I can take the half hour that I really should be doing 15 other things, and instead of doing any of them, I can stare at my computer screen and ramble on about all of the mundane things in life that no one really wants to read about... even if I did have more than three or four people who regularly visit this site...

Ah... I feel better now! I might even be able to clean out the toilets after we munch some mac and cheese...

Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blogging when you're "overwhelmed" sounds a lot like my "chocolate chip therapy"!!
:D

L. said...

Yes... I would say that it is! :)