Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Tuesday, 04 July 2006


  • Currently Reading
    Last Light (Restoration, Book 1)
    By Terri Blackstock
    see related
    Wow...  It is the end of an era for Detroit sports...
    So... first Steve Yzerman retires after 22 years with the Wings... 20 as captain.  It's notable... I mean, look at the numbers... but I'm not really a hockey fan, so that's not what's getting to me...  (as a side note, i do own an official Red Wings octopus headband... just in case you ever wondered)
    But... oh... how things are changing for the Pistons...  Personally, I was of the opinion that we needed to do whatever was needed to re-sign Ben... short of selling my children, of course...  But, alas... 4 years at 12 million dollars a pop just didn't do it...  Upon hearing this, my initial reaction was... obviously... offer him more!  Which someone did... but it wasn't the Pistons... and Ben Wallace is now a Chicago Bull... now that adds insult to injury if anything does...  Gosh, I hate even typing that nasty team name on my blog... YUCK!  (Lisa shivers as she re-reads the last line and thinks she might throw up...)
    Thankfully, football season hasn't started...  Detroit fans can't take much more today!
    Well... go Tigers...
    Lisa

No comments: