Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

You Can Call Me "Your Royal Highness"...

... if you want!

Oh... Grace. She actually uttered these words to her brother earlier in the week, and I cannot believe he didn't deck her. Instead, he has been referring to her as "Princess Grace", ever since.

So... we've been a little on the busy side. Yesterday, I stopped to think about my recent blogging habits, and I was suddenly rather embarrassed when I realized that I never blogged the royal princess' 6th birthday. If she had Internet access, herself, I would be left to assume that this is the primary reason she has taken to calling me, "the royal 'cooker'". I suppose it could be worse, though. Phil has been named, "the royal driver", and it seems that Seth and Caleb are answering to, "servant!" Ian, apparently, is too young to play.

But yes... birthdays...

We actually did most of the same things for Grace's b-day that we did for Seth's, this year. I have taken to referring to this as, "the year of the ridiculous birthday season". We did the present thing early a.m. and then enjoyed cake and ice cream for breakfast (talk about making yourself sick!). After that it was off to Chuck-E-Cheese, where there were slightly fewer parties planned for this particular Saturday. It was very fun for the kids. Chuck-E-Cheese does not particularly delight me any more, but it wasn't my birthday, now, was it?

Next was picture time, where we were sorely disappointed to find that our favorite photographer had not yet returned from maternity leave (yes... selfish, selfish us). The pictures turned out alright, and I spent a fortune, though a slightly smaller one than usual.

Then we made our way to CP for the last time this season. I think that Grace had a good time, which is really what matters, but after our last couple of experiences there, I am determined to NEVER go back during Halloweekends. I still have much to say about that, but I think I'll save it for another post. The lines were terrible, and we inhaled enough second hand smoke to probably take at least several hours off of each of our lives. That was the downside. On the other hand, there is just no place like CP for amusement park thrills!

Overall, I think Grace had a fantastic day, and she even won a tiara at Chuck-E-Cheese, adding to her collection of royal accessories. I can never believe how fast kids grow. Each birthday is a stark reminder...

I'm posting some pics. below:

Grace and Her "Beauty and the Beast" Cake

Oh, the things we acquire on birthdays...

One last spin at CP

Thanks for Reading!

Lisa

No comments: