Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just A Little Amusing...

Our one and only trip to Cedar Point for 2008 with the kids was fantastic! This was actually a youth group trip, and I drove separately, behind the church bus, which was a little more exhausting than when we did the same thing back in 2005… much longer drive this time around…


The quick breakdown…

Seth rode 26 rides, including 8 new ones! The high number of new rides is thanks in great part to the addition of “Planet Snoopy”! The kids actually rode most of these attractions at Geauga last year, before the ride side of that park was closed by Cedar Fair… shhh… no sense letting them know the rides weren’t completely “new”… His new rides also included 2 coasters, the Corkscrew and the Magnum! He loved them both, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a smile as big as the one he had when the Magnum came out of it’s final tunnel! Of course… had to buy the pic…

Grace also rode 26 rides, although many of them were different than Seth’s… go figure! Her 2 new coasters included the Corkscrew and the Gemini (which is sort of becoming a “right of passage” in our family, I think). Of course, she loved them both. She whined the entire time Seth and Daddy were on the Magnum, because it just wasn’t fair…

Caleb totaled 21 rides, leaving him with only 2 rides in the entire park that he is tall enough to ride but has not yet ridden. One of those was closed when we tried to get on it. Caleb tried with all his might to stretch his 42” to 46”, but he just wasn’t even remotely close enough to slip onto the Iron Dragon this time around. He kept saying, “I’m too short”… He was bummed, but hey… that’s life at CP when you’re only 4… One of the most exciting parts about Caleb's trip, for me, was that he actually hugged Snoopy! In the past, Caleb has been terrified of characters. There is hope for our Disney trip...

Ian rode 12 rides, and we learned that he is very good at wiggling out of seat belts, even when you are supposed to need a key to get out! I don’t think he especially enjoys spinning, but he did have lots of fun!

Phil enjoyed 13 rides, and next time we take the kids to Planet Snoopy he will have to do all of the riding with them in order to improve his ride percentage (and to keep me from getting sick)! He did take his first trip on MaxAir (which I got to enjoy last summer), and he thought it was alright for a “spinny ride”…

I came in with 19 rides, including 5 new ones (thank you, Planet Snoopy). I still lack three experiences to “conquer” the whole park. Look for updates later in the month. I plan to finally put Skyhawk, Millenium Force, and Top Thrill Dragster (uh… I think) behind me before this season is through…

See below for Pics:

Lisa

No comments: