Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Monday, August 18, 2008

TV... and the Olympics... and Politics...

I almost never watch TV... this is partly due to the fact that our television gets no channels. I am not exaggerating in any way, whatsoever. We literally get NO channels... not even local stuff... or PBS... or anything! Our 17" television's soul purpose is to play DVDs... through the PS2... yeah...

Anyhow... I absolutely love the Olympic Games. If you think I am retarded because of this, well... that's your problem! For the past week+, I have been finding alternative watching sites, so that I could take in all of the exciting Olympic moments... no TV, but hey, I watched each of Michael Phelp's 8 gold medal swims, the women's team gymnastics competition and all-around, the men's team gymnastic competition and all around, the end of the women's marathon, and a few rounds of beach volleyball... live. So far, I've only set off one alarm, causing a building to be thoroughly searched at 1:00am. Oops... long story... Hopefully I'll get to catch some track and field next week as well as the women's beach volleyball finals.

In addition, I am finding that it is increasingly easier to watch certain things via the Internet. It's not perfect, but it works most of the time. To tell you the truth, I was about 95% sure that I had finally made my presidential decision... until the civil forum on Saturday. Now I am up in the air about it again, and this is rather unsettling, since I have never waffled for this long about a vote. I am not necessarily giving this information to get feedback. I know that half of you think that Obama is the anti-Christ and the other half of you think that McCain is a killing machine... doesn't matter. I still haven't decided what I think yet...

Hmmm... Perhaps this post is kind of pointless... like TV...

Lisa

No comments: