Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Regroupin'...

... Just in time to take a trip around the world!

Spent the first part of this day doing laundry, cleaning up, and getting things in order. For the first time this trip, I feel like everything is where it needs to be in order to launch out each day... and it only took four hours... ugh!

In the late afternoon, we decided to go to Epcot, where we visited the World Showcase. An Epcot cast member got a pretty good kick out of Grace at the map stand when she decided to take a map printed in Japanese, and then she couldn't figure out how to read it! In the end, we decided it would be best if she saved the Japanese map as a souvenir and took an English one for navigating. Caleb, also, decided he should probably have one that was printed in English which brought even more laughter, because he can't read yet, so it didn't really matter which map he picked!


Last time we were here, we skipped on the Kidcot Fun Stops, but not this time! All of the kids made masks and collected the "charms" from each of the eleven countries! Then they got prizes (posters and buttons proclaiming that they are Walt Disney World Honorary Citizens) for all their hard work! We had a great time exploring the world! Here's my favorite pic:


The kids are getting on each other's nerves just a bit at this point. Seth and Caleb were having a pretty good fight, so I instructed them to stand and pose for a picture in Canada... like they loved each other! This was the result... Then they stopped fighting for a while...


Probably the best part was an interactive street show in the UK, because at the end one of the actresses said a line about the king being happy... and the people being happy... and, "Even the shreiking baby was happy!" Which was a reference to Ian who had screamed intermittently throughout the performance... hehehe...

We met Jasmine (again), Aladdin, and Genie in Morocco. Jasmine made a good save when she didn't "remember" having met Grace yesterday morning and explained that it must be because Grace wasn't wearing her jacket at breakfast... hehehe... Ian would not acknowledge Aladdin and was scared to death of Genie. But he liked Jasmine... hmmm... just like someone else I know...


I bought a passport and had fun collecting stamps from each country as well, even though this is something that kids usually do... I thought it was a blast!

We had all of our names written in Japanese and Chinese, and we found out that I was born in the year of the Ram (stubborn...yeah...), Seth was born in the year of the Dragon, Grace was born in the year of the Snake, Caleb was born in the year of the Monkey (no surprise there), and Ian was born in the year of the Dog. Phil didn't have anything to stamp or sign, so we don't know what his name looks like or when he was born... hehehe...

Here are a few pics. of our trip around the world. It took us several hours this time around, as opposed to our sprint around the world in an hour and forty-five minutes last time! Truthfully, I could probably spend at least a couple of days there, but that will be an adventure for some years down the road, when the kids can appreciate World Showcase yet a little better...

My only real disappointment is that I discovered that there are smashed penny machines in each country... after we were almost finished with the showcase... I smashed one generic Epcot World Showcase penny, but if I have time to run through by myself, I'd like to get them all...

Everyone was exhausted by the time we were done. Phil and the kids took a nap at Guest Relations, while I claimed the prizes I mentioned earlier:


The kiddos were asleep again when we arrived back at the house to watch the election results. I fell asleep, too... on the couch... and woke up to announcements of president elect Obama. And the world didn't go up in flames contrary to some popular opinion... And with that let me say that I have no idea what the next four years will bring. Some ideals that Obama holds to are a little scary to me, but he has many good ideas, as well, and I trust that God is the one who is really in control of all things, so one election isn't going to make or break the world.

I'm out...

Lisa

No comments: