Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, November 7, 2008

Watterlogged...

... day 13, Blizzard Beach... and the subsequent "pool party"!

We love waterparks... no matter I don't know how to swim! We were terribly disappointed to find that Typhoon Lagoon was going to close for it's annual refurbishment just days before we arrived in FL. However, Blizzard Beach was open, so off we went...

Upon arrival, we found Mom, Dad, Steve, Nancy, and the girls and took a trip up the Ski Lift, which is just as terrible with a baby as I remember it! The ride operator at the top was, however, impressed that he didn't have to stop the lift for me, because I was capable of grabbing Ian and jumping off! When we reached the top, we took a ride on Teamboat Springs, the family raft slide. Seth and Grace went with Grandma and Grandpa, and I think we could have persuaded Grandma to ride again... at gunpoint... Phil and I rode with Caleb and Ian. It was a trip:


We then went in search of life jackets... oops... small oversight... and took a "spin" on the lazy river:
Hey look, we're a "Hidden Mickey"!I love this one:
Here's a video clip of Ian, literally spinning:



We enjoyed Ski Patrol Training Camp, although Seth was just slightly irritated that I would not let him ride the zipline that dropped off into over 8 feet of water! The kids loved the floats and the slides!
Crossing the Floats:
Caleb (above), Seth and Grace (Below)

Here's a video clip of one of the slides. Seth and Grace come down first, followed by Caleb and Phil:


The kids also enjoyed Tike's Peak, although Seth found that he was too tall for one of the slides (which made him cry). Grace took Ian down the baby slides until he was comfortable enough to go on his own... head first!


Grandpa found us playing at Tike's Peak, so we were able to hook up with him and Grandma again, and we went to have lunch at Lottawatta Lodge. I was getting pretty sick of counter service amusement park food at this point, but at least they had fish. You can only eat so many personal pizzas, cheeseburgers, and chicken nuggets in 2 weeks! I might add here that everyone from our family was having lunch at the same place at approximately the same time, but due to lack of planning, we did not eat together...

After lunch, we rode Runoff Rapids... twice (the kids would have gone again, but my legs were burning from all the stairs), and we rode the Downhill Double Dipper, which was a really short racing slide with a really long line. It was fun, though! We decided to skip on the mat slides and the body slides, as the kids couldn't ride them.

We splashed around in the wave pool for awhile, and I have to say that I do not care for this particular wave pool. The waves are almost continuous, and it made me kind of motion sick! Grace, Elizabeth, and Audrey all managed to scrape their knees up on the bottom, as well!

After a major temper tantrum from Grace ('nough said), we took one more ride on the lazy river, and then we called it a day, because the park was closing!

We went back to the house where we ate pizza and had a "pool party"... except pretty much no one else wanted to swim (except Elizabeth), because they had had enough water for the day. As we did not get to use the pool very much (due to our busy schedule), we enjoyed this time in the water. I took a pretty good underwater shot of Seth, and a video clip of Phil having way too much fun with a giant inflatable dolphin:




By the way, I have no idea why my video quality for the last two days is so poor. The videos look great when I play them on my computer from the raw files, and I haven't done anything differently with these than the ones from earlier in the trip. I'll continue to post them, but I'm not sure how to make them look any better. It might be hit and miss.

Lisa

No comments: