Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's A Lost Cause...

... I can't catch up on blogging the past month!

A few highlights/lowlights...

Christmas was over commercialized... again... In fact, I even found myself crying out on Christmas Eve, "even Jesus has been commercialized this year!" The whole Christmas "season" was very stressful. You know you have committed to too much when you rejoice because one of your children's Christmas parties is canceled due to extreme weather... And so I find myself saying, "never again"... again...

On the other hand, Christmas day, itself, was quite nice. We spent Christmas at home, just the six of us, and stayed in our PJs and fought with toy packaging all day long! It was the relaxing kind of day we needed to recover from everything that led up to it...

And... Christmas break was great! Seth and I did, indeed, defeat Bowser, so we have moved on to the retro Super Mario Bros. 2! Caleb and I spent two days putting together an amazing Take-Along Thomas track that actually was played with for several more days before it was destroyed by the forces of older siblings. Ian and I read many, many books, and we even discovered the library where... go figure... they offer free baby and preschool story times, singing, crafts, and games. We are now library-a-holics... Grace and I did not get as much time together as we would have liked over break, but we did get to sit down and read an entire chapter book together, yesterday, and there are many more where that came from. We hope to have a mommy-daughter outing sometime in the near future. Overall, break was good!

My new school schedule is easy... enjoyable even (as Snagglepuss might say). Now, if only my last book will arrive I think I'll be alright!

My latest project is my Disney scrapbook, which is taking a lot of time, because I want it to be "just right". I think I have completed around 49 pages now. It will probably end up being 60-70 pages when it is finished. We took over 2000 pictures! I can't wait to begin work on the DVD!

If anyone is wondering... We have not yet mailed our "Christmas" letters. They will be going out at some point very soon. It's just one of those things that has been on the back burner. If you're waiting for new pics. and such, please stand by... They're coming... eventually!

And so life continues... And it's good...

Lisa

No comments: