Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day...

... Oh, yeah!

Although I am honestly disappointed that Grace and Caleb will not have music class today, I am also terribly happy that I now have absolutely nothing on my schedule that requires me to leave this house until Friday evening! How pathetic is that?

It's funny, because just a few months ago I was sometimes frustrated because I was "stuck" in the house all the time. I think this is a pretty normal feeling for stay at home moms from time to time. It seemed like I woke up... stayed in my PJS... and never had a conversation above 8 year old level... day after day after day!

However, we have finally fallen into some sort of routine with our comings and goings (actually establishing routines at home has a long was to go yet). I love knowing that when I wake up in the morning we have something productive to do. I love getting to know this community. I am enjoying life as a "library mom"... (the soccer mom thing didn't really work out all that well for me).

But for today I am simply going to clean my somewhat neglected house... while the kids have an abbreviated school day (puttin' us one up on the public schools... sort of... we did have that "little" vacation)... And then I am going to do my school work, because when you take classes on-line, you don't get snow days!

If it warms up enough, we might even build a snowman!

Lisa

No comments: