Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Monday, September 14, 2009

Being Sick Just Sucks...

... I have had a "stomach virus"... apparently... for goin' on a week now.

After 3 days of vomiting and diarrhea, I decided a trip to Redi-Med was probably a good plan. This is saying something, because I do not go to the doctor unless I am really, really sick. Well... after sitting in the Redi-Med waiting room for 45 minutes, a nurse pops out and says, "Just go to the ER. If you're dehydrated, they'll give you an IV." Oh... lovely... but I can't say I was surprised. I mean, after all, that's pretty much why I came in the first place.

So I wait in the ER waiting room for another hour + (minus the few minutes in which the way too fresh, potty mouthed, EMT took me back to take my temperature and blood pressure while he acted like an idiot). Seriously, if the guy called me "sweetheart" one more time, I was gonna deck him, and he was gonna need an empty bed in the ER. (This says nothing of what Phil might have done...)

Finally, they take me back to the ER, where I wait... again... A nurse from our church sees us and takes me to a different room and apparently lights a fire under the rear of the ER doctor, because he shows up! Thank you, Lynn!

After giving plenty of blood and enduring two bags of some sort of IV fluid, I am told that I have slightly low potassium, given four nasty potassium pills to swallow (which I thankfully do not throw up), informed that I must be getting better since I haven't thrown up in a couple of hours (uh... hadn't eaten anything, either, but I guess that's beside the point), and sent home...

Where I continue to vomit and have diarrhea for the next 2 days...

As of this morning (although I am going to "back date" this post for yesterday to make room for Seth's b-day post later), I am living on Saltines and water, with a few bites of soup here and there. Ugh... This has to give...

Lisa

No comments: