Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cooking With Friends...

If you know me, you know that I like to entertain... and I love to cook...

So...  It was super exciting to have Chuck and Allie over for dinner, tonight!  I made my standard favorite, chicken parmesan, with spaghetti, homemade garlic cheese bread, mozzarella sticks, brownie sundaes, and I even picked up a recipe for Italian sodas (which are pretty much going to be a staple at our house from now on, see below).  I think I missed having an oven, even though I was pretty sure I could survive without one.  Thank goodness for good sales and even for delivery guys who recognize that a dented oven drawer is a good reason for a nice discount!


At any rate, the food was good, but hanging out with friends is always great, even if the food stinks (please feel free to ask Russ and Melissa about this, since they got to come over for dinner pre-new stove and had to endure burned scrambled eggs made in a wok.  I promise, I'll have them over for Italian soon).

Looking forward to lots of evenings with Chuck and Allie, sharing old stories and new ones, alike.  And, ya know, it was a nice perk that Allie made herself right at home in our kitchen, because when club soda is spraying in every direction and sprinkles are being liberally spilled on the floor, you know it was a good night!

Phil and Chuck - 
Friends since, pretty much forever:
L.

No comments: