Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Why I Don't Take "Selfies"...

... of just myself.

I have been enjoying Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners the past couple of weeks.  Ordinarily, these things are sort of difficult for me, because I'm an introvert, and throwing me into a group of people I don't know, to share a meal, ranks right up there with shoving toothpicks under all of my toenails, as far as comfortability goes.  However, the last two such dinners I attended were really great!  The first one was incredible, because we actually sat in groups of 4-6 and switched seats after every course, which allowed me to meet a lot of people and to have some meaningful conversation.  This was much preferred to the group of 250 pastors and their spouses thrown into one huge, noisy banquet hall.  I cannot begin to express how impressed I was with our DS and his wife and how they opened their home and served us.  It was overwhelming in the best way possible, and I actually got to know some people who I will now consider friends!  The second dinner was a bit more of a standard, everyone around one table, type of deal, but it was still a relatively small group, and one of the couples we'd talked with at the first dinner was there, and Pastor Mike and Rachel were there, so it was a workable social situation for me, too!

Anyway, what does this have to do with "selfies"?  Here's the thing.  I legitimately like to dress up, but I don't always have occasion to do so.  As it turned out, I though I looked pretty good on both of those dinner nights, so I snapped some pics: 

Christmas Dinner 11/14:


Thanksgiving Dinner 11/19:

Well, apparently it is true that pride comes before the fall, because this must be how I looked, to Miah, who thought I needed to take a picture of her, too:


Never mind...

L.

No comments: