Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday, 21 October 2006


I found encouragement in the funniest pace today... Lamentations...

Not that the Bible, itself, isn't a good place to find encouragement, but Lamentations... come on... give me a break!  Sure enough, though, there is was... In chapter 3...

"God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
to the woman who diligently seeks.
It's a good thing to quietly hope,
quietly hope for help from God.
It's a good thing when you're young
to stick it out in hard times.

When life is heavy and hard to take,
go off by yourself.  Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer.  Don't ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble.  Take it full face.
The "worst" is never the worst.

Why?  Because the Master won't ever walk out and fail to return." (TM)

So... usually this kind of thing would find it's way to my other blog, and it might still... but I wanted to put it here tonight.

In other news...  Three thumbs up to Phil, who has acted as "Super Dad" this week...

And Seth, too...  He played with Caleb for a very long time today, and I got some much needed rest... And they didn't even make a huge mess!

And since I can hardly make it through a post... let alone a day... without some ridiculous story...  Phil and I were working on some things today and just relaxing, when suddenly it felt very strange, because we almost never have a day like that.  Thankfully, around 1:03, Phil realized that we were only acting on wishful thinking, and we did, indeed, have a commitment that we had to run to...  And, just in time, we remembered Seth's soccer game!  I cannot belive I went out in public looking like I did, but the game was at 1:30...  I didn't have a whole lot of time to work with!

I have to sign off now, because the pre-game for the World Series is about to start...  GO TIGERS!!!  Somebody pinch me and tell me this isn't just wishful thinking, too...

 Lisa

  • 6:29 PM
  • 1 view
  • 2 eProps
  • 1 Comment
  • email
  •  

    Comments (1)

    pomohoro1212
    Here's my 5-point message, notably shorter & hopefully more interesting & inspiring than the 3-point variety found...well, you know.......

    1.) Thanks.

    2.) That was about as poor of a game as they could have played. Hopefully it is out of there system, because now we need a win in the worst way.

    3.) I like Lamentations. Always have. It may not always be what you want, but always what you need. God is like that, too.

    4.) WHY am I still up? Yeesh.......

    5.) P.S. - Hello all you xanga-ites!

No comments: