Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday, 18 October 2006


  • I guess it was bound to happen... someday...

    I have now been a licensed driver for a little over 11 years...  And tonite, I got my first ticket...

    It is a parking ticket... and to be quite honest, I am furious...

    I had to go take an exam for one of my classes (which is ridiculous in itself... what do these people think on-line education is supposed to be...)  So, I went to the campus, parked my car, and went in the building.  I used all of 45 minutes of my alloted hour and a half to take the exam, came back out to the parking lot, noticed a couple of "rent-a-cops" messing around, found my car (which wasn't hard since the lot was not even half full), unlocked the door, got in, and began to drive away...

    And then I saw it...  Something yellow stuck under my wiper blade...  And I wondered what it was, so I stopped the car, got out, and removed it.  When I saw what it was, I wasn't too happy.  You know, it could have been an invitation to a Tupperware party or something...  anyhow, since the two... ahem... "security guards" were still goofing off in the lot, I turned around and headed back that way.  I parked my car right in front of them, got out, waddled toward them (you'd think they'd have some compassion on a hugely pregnant woman), and asked if they'd placed the offensive thing on my car!

    They had.  So, I explained that I am an on-line student, that I am pretty sure I paid for a parking permit when I registered, and that I never received one.  They informed me that there are parking meters and a visitor's parking lot.  I was feeling rather annoyed at this point, but I asked them where, exactly, the visitor's parking lot was.  They pointed me toward it and seemed rather annoyed themselves.  I was, after all, interupting their party in the parking lot (at the metered spaces I might add... which I doubt they paid for...)  In the end, they said I could appeal the citation on-line.  I walked around my car...  muttered, "this is retarded"...  and proceeded to get back in and drive home.

    I filled out the form right away, and I am thinking they'd better appeal this, because that lot is not marked.  If you need a permit to park there, they could at least post a sign...

    In funnier news, here's the quote of the day, from Seth, "Mommy, you're so big I would trade you for three elephants!"  Uh... thanks? 

    Lisa
    • 7:11 PM
    • 1 view
    • 2 eProps
    • 1 Comment
    • email
    •  

      Comments (1)

      WhosWhoIsWho
      Where did you go for your on-line exam? I didn't know you were going back to school, thats pretty cool! How are you doing? I hope good, what courses are you taking at wherever you're going? Well, thats a lot of questions, but i guess thats because i haven't talked to you forever. Ugg, i've beens so busy! Hope your tomorrow is great! Lots of Love, Jess

No comments: