Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Today I Remembered Why I Hate Potty Training...




  • I was working on the computer this afternoon... still trying to get the Disney highlights down to two hours so people might actually want to watch my DVD... while nursing the baby... and thinking about what else the kids needed to do for school after their "lunch break"... when the cry rang out...

    It sounded something like this: "Somebody come quick, there's poop on the floor!" I can always count on Grace to start screaming in a real "emergency". She screams at other times, too, and my version of the boy who called wolf was... well... lacking. But anyhow...

    I did not come "quick"... at least not quick enough... but I did come. As I realized that Caleb was wearing underwear and I had forgotten, I was slightly embarassed. I wasn't sure whether to scream (like Grace) in hopes that the "poop cleaning fairy" would emerge or whether to commend the kid for making it until 2:00 in the afternoon without having an "accident". I did neither... simply helped him jump over the wall into the shower (still fully clothed) and began cleaning up...

    Then I put a diaper on him... I can only handle this once a day... Give me a break...

    By the way... I have quite a few more "serious" things to write about, but by the time I sit down to do it, my brain has turned to mush... One of these days I will likely post something so long that no one will really bother to read it, but humor me. Would you at least scan it? It might actually be important!

    Lisa

No comments: