Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Monday, May 14, 2007

Caleb's 3rd Birthday...

... Among other things.

And so I make my return to the world of blogging...

First, let me re-cap my last week.

I did not, as I originally intended, have a computer free week. In fact, I am not sure I even had a completely computer free day. Bummer. However, most days I only spent a few minutes here or there, looking at things that Phil wanted me to see or setting up games for the kids. I did have one complete meltdown of my will in which I checked my e-mail. Over all, it wasn't so bad. And please don't laugh about my e-mail comment. I usually check it a dozen times a day. Once in a week was rather remarkable...

Eight days ago marked the anniversary of the most physically painful day of my life. I would not trade that day for all the world and then some, because the result was Caleb's birth. I cannot, in any way, believe that my "baby" is three years old! But here he is:



Oh, wait. That won't do. You can't see him! But this is, indeed, what he looked like while waiting for his presents. Let's try these:



Yes... yes... much better.

Caleb had a fantastic third birthday, which included pictures, lunch at McDs (complete with a playplace), visits from both sets of grandmas and grandpas, all kinds of Thomas the Tank Engine presents, and books! I made a Thomas cake, as well. The tale of the Thomas cake could probably become an epic, if I let it. Let it suffice to say that four cake mixes is a lot, black frosting is not good for the digestive system, and Caleb doesn't quite understand that you do not have to lick the flaming candle to put it out... But here are pics, anyhow:



The day after Caleb's birthday celebration, I completed four final exams and kissed the Spring semester good-bye! It was a very stressful day. Thankfully, Phil's mom stayed to watch my kids. If she hadn't, I don't think I would have gotten the exams done at all! My professors took a while to compute the final grades, but I finished with three As and two Bs. I am quite satisfied with these results, particularly, because I did not deserve these grades. Some of them I earned, but some of them were gifts, and for them I am thankful. When all was said and done, my brain was mush, and I couldn't think or write coherantly...

So, I spent a few days doing wonderful things like playing with Duplos and reading, "The Hobbit". We ate off of paper plates and had more than our fair share of pizza last week! And I do not wish to recall the number of (bags of) M & Ms that were consumed... by me... alone...

T-Ball season began, which is always fun. Swimming sessions are coming to a close again, and I think Seth is the only one we're going to sign up again right away.

Mother's day was super, namely because I got to watch the Piston's game. While I realize that this is somewhat pathetic to admit, you have to understand that we do not have cable... or dish network... or whatever else you can get now. We have bunny ears, so this was the first play-off game I have been able to see. Being the devoted Piston's fan that I am, I put on my way too expensive and now obsolete Ben Wallace Piston's jersey, and watched Big Ben contribute to their defeat (which sort of serves them right, considering the ridiculous display of disrespect down the stretch). It was too bad, really, but now they can come home and win it, so it's alright. Except I can't watch that game, because it will be back on cable... ugh...

And I'll feel guilty if I don't mention that mother's day was also magnificent, because I have the best husband and the four greatest kids ever!

Today, I officially announced that summer vaction has begun to my kids, who countered my announcement with, "When are we going to Cedar Point"? The answer is, "I hope soon, and I hope a lot"...

There have been far more "quotes of the day" and "conversations of the day" than I can begin to put down in writing, but the best quote of the week was probably,
"Jesus, wake up!" (which was not said in a blasphemous way, whatsoever, or you know I wouldn't write it here), and the best conversation,
Phil: "I love to read fascinating things about things of which I have no knowledge. Those are hard to come by". Lisa: "Of course they are, honey". Followed by a bit of stifled laughter...

And now, I must go, because I have things to do...

But look for frequent blog posts, this summer. I'm back!

Lisa

No comments: