Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I Need A Fence...

So... Yesterday marked day 2 of summer vacation. And Seth was bored! I told him I could order our second grade curriculum now, and he decided he'd find something to do...

With that thought, I've decided that I really need a fenced yard. I realize that I am getting particular. After all, we have only lived in this house for 14 months, and the landscaping people came and graciously planted our grass this week! So, you would think that I could be grateful that we are getting close to having a yard, at all. But I want a fence.

It's mostly due to the fact that I am not a "fun" mom. I do not let my kids run around in the possibly snake infested weeds. I do not let them play in the road. And I do not let them splash around in the retaining... uh... pond. My neighbors let their kids do these things, so clearly they are much more fun.

Heck... I even screamed out the open window the other day when Grace was about to throw herself in front of the moving mail truck. She was probably embarassed, but I guess I prefer that to squashed...

Now, aside from these glaring imperfections in my parenting skills, I also must admit that I am more of a sidewalk chalk drawing, book reading, play-doh creating, board game playing, silly song singing kind of mom. I guess it would be more fun if I could catch a baseball, but thankfully Daddy's pretty good at that!

I hope that some day my kids realize that we gave them boundaries because we love them.

In the meantime, I could use a fence.

Lisa

P.S. You will find the same post, in essence, at "Oh, Baby". So, if you are one of the beautiful people who bothers to check all of my blogs, you can skip that one today!

No comments: