Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Today was busy...

...but actually quite fun... in a lot of ways. It wasn't all fun (rarely is), but I think I'll talk about the fun stuff... mostly.

This morning I actually spent time with each of my three "big kids", talking about God... and reading the Bible... and praying. That was a real plus, because it doesn't always happen in the individualized way that it happened, this morning, and it doesn't always happen first thing. I think it was a good way to start the day.

After breakfast, I introduced them to TaleSpin... great cartoon! You may notice that that is not what I've listed under "currently watching". Please... go ahead and make fun of my choice of entertainment. I was ten years old when "Saved by the Bell" made it's debut, so clearly I was obsessed with the show. I am enjoying the flashbacks to the late '80s/early '90s. So, sue me...

But I digress (per normal)...

We went on to paint and color the driveway, which is always fun, and we even stayed off of the "grass".

Later in the day, I found out that Caleb's 3 year old pics. were in, so we went to get them. Here they are:



You've gotta love the "stinky face" with Thomas...

We had a bit of an adventure at Ponderosa, and I have to say that I do not intend to ever eat there again. It also came to my attention that my kids are utterly unaware that people in this country do not only speak English. Apparently, Seth heard someone speaking in Spanish, and he asked (rather loudly I might add), "Why would someone from Mexico come to Ponderosa for lunch?" So I sat there wondering whether to laugh or crawl under the table, and in the end I didn't do either. It's not that Seth had a problem with Spanish speaking people eating at Ponderosa. He just honestly thought they'd come all the way from Mexico, and he couldn't figure out why! It wasn't a fantastic dining experience, or anything. We are clearly going to have to talk about this...

But the quote of the day came from Caleb, who has become increasingly interested in school busses over the past few months. It was, "It's the cheese... Hello, cheese!" Yeah... He's pretty funny...

I went on to buy several cheap, junky things that will be fun to use outside in the coming days. Other than that, the trip was uneventful.

The rest of the day has bordered on boring, and I'm kind of tired, but I need to know whether or not the Pistons are going to put the Bulls away before I go to bed, so it might be a long night...

Lisa

No comments: