Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Sunday, September 2, 2007

CP, August 25, 2007

Ok… So I am so far behind in regard to blog posts… again… it's not even funny. We are currently sort of in the middle of our end of the summer trip. It's kind of difficult to explain how I can be writing this from home in the middle of a trip, but just go with it. At any rate, I realized, today, that I never wrote about our last CP adventure, so here goes…

On August 25th, we took a trip to CP with Phil's mom and dad. We were going to go on the 24th, but we kind of got caught up in doing more important things… like helping with the flood relief effort in Carey. It was too hot on the 24th, anyway, so I'm glad we waited the extra day!

I think I'm getting just a little bit tired of CP, which is good, because I won't be too sad when it closes for the season. I am definitely getting to the point where my body dislikes spinning in tight circles. With this post, I will eat my words about riding everything. The older I get, the more I am becoming a strictly coaster kind of girl. Sorry. I just dropped yet another rung on the fun ladder… Grace, however, stepped up a rung, because she has finally mastered the art of standing as tall as possible without actually getting on her tiptoes. As it turns out, she can now sneak her way onto almost any 48" ride. That means she got to add Blue Streak and Snake River Falls to her list of accomplishments!

How about some photo highlights…

Grandma, Grace, Seth, and Linus Seth and Grace on the Calypso "Hammin' It" Up on the Carousel

Grandma and Grandpa Just Hangin' Around...

Exiting Snake River Falls Don't Ask Why... The Giant Wheel

SOAKED!!! Phil on the Tilt-A-Whirl? Caleb's Favorite Ride

Sorry there are no pics. of Ian this time around. I promise there will be several from the latest trip... once it is over...

In other news, we are not officially calling our summer over until Tuesday, but we have all put in some school time at this point. It looks like we are going to have a very fun and productive school year for the kids. Phil is working hard and late, so I know he's learning, even though he's not sleeping. And, me? Well, let's just say I'm currently taking eighth grade science and computer concepts for idiots... I have WAY too many college credits to be enrolled in this kind of uh... stuff... but requirements are requirements, what can you do?

Gotta go grab the diapers out of the washer so we can continue having a fun weekend.

No comments: