Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Monday, February 11, 2008

Of life... and ministry... and politics... and Frosty the Snowman...

So... let's start with Frosty...

Several days ago now... OK, it was over a week ago... we finally had a really good snow! Since I had found the kid's snowsuits in some obscure box awhile back, I granted them permission to have a "snow day". Now, when they hear that the public schools are having a snow day, they think that the kids get to go outside and build snowmen... hehehe...

We made snow angels first. Ian was completely confused as to why I laid him down in this cold, white stuff, and he just laid there looking up at me for the longest time. Eventually, he figured out that he could roll over in it and crawl around. It was a good laugh...

Then, we had a snowball fight. And let me tell ya, my kids make some mammoth snowballs! This is only a problem when they are throwing them at me while I am aiming the camera...

Finally, we built Frosty, and here he is, kinda hiding behind the kids. I probably would have chosen a different name for him, but Seth and Grace insisted on Frosty, and since I named the last one Walter, I figured it was thier turn...
Plus... A few more pics. of our snowy adventure...
Now, if I could only get around to unpacking their boots... uh... long story...

Moving on...

All these years later, very few (if any) will understand or remember this... But it is still cruel to leave someone alone on stage singing only echoes and harmonies with a performance track...

I love having a worship band. I would prefer it if they wouldn't catch me completely off guard with comments like, "Hey Lisa, I broke your G-string"... Yeah, that one left me speechless until I realized we were referring to my guitar... But seriously, I am blessed to be working with the group I have. On the pendulum, you could say that this is a complete swing in the opposite direction from my previous worship band experience. I'm very much ok with that, though I am occasionally just a bit intimidated and even once found myself missing the consistency of a previous piano player. It's gonna be all good though...

And politics...

As some of you probably know, the demise of Mitt Romney pretty much through me for a loop. I am concerned about the future of my country, and I am not happy with the choices for leadership that are left. That said, I am not ashamed to admit that I am generally conservative regarding my political standpoint. I almost always vote republican. Well... I really have no choice left now but to vote for a democrat, since we have two left standing in the democratic party and one left standing in the republican party. Technically, I guess Huckabee is still "standing", but we all know he's pathetic and is only vying for the VP role anyhow... This may come as a shock, but I am not going to cast a vote for McCain! In all honesty, I guess I'm going to have to get better informed about both Obama... and dare I say it... Clinton (oh...ouch...ugh...I said it...) Some conservatives, in looking at this situation, have decided simply not to vote. Well... if there's anyone out there who reads this that is feeling that way (which there probably isn't, because more and more of my friends are liberals anyway) please, don't throw away your vote! It is your freedom and your right in this country to be a part of the process that chooses it's leadership! Even if you don't like any of the candidates, casting your vote is better than giving up your rights!

I'm out... but, hey, catch the post directly below this one if you haven't already. It's new, as well, and you may find it entertaining...

Thanks for Reading!

Lisa

No comments: