Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Some Light On Maundy Thursday...

We went to the Maundy Thursday service tonight. It is supposed to be dark... solemn... you get the point. Ian didn't get it...

So... during the processional, Ian sees Phil carrying in the candle, and in the midst of all of the quiet he's like, "Hey... there's Daddy!"

And then he continues to talk throughout the first reading as I'm trying to explain to him that, "Pastor George is talking, so we need to be quiet!"

Finally, it was time for the first choir number (I say finally, it had only been about three minutes), and Ian settled a bit when I told him that the music was coming! He listened to the song, and on the final note started shouting, "It's over, Mommy! It's over!"

I got him quieted down, but it was too late, because his friend Sammy, a couple of rows back, joined in the "it's over chorus", and finally Ian just couldn't take it anymore, so he added in his loudest voice, "HOORAY! IT'S OVER!!!" At which point, I couldn't take it anymore, and I burst out laughing... all on Maundy Thursday!

I managed to excuse myself, after tripping over the diaper bag and having a fake coughing fit to cover the laughter that just kept bubbling up inside of me...

We played in the nursery...

Lisa

No comments: