Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Ian!!!

But didn't I just bring him home yesterday?

Man... my "baby" boy isn't much of a baby anymore... and he reminds me on a regular basis that he is a "big boy" now... but if I really beg him, he'll still admit that he is my baby...

We try so hard to make sure that Ian doesn't get jipped on his birthday. It's tough having a birthday the day after Christmas, ya know... This year was a little overwhelming for him, because there was so much fast traveling, and so many presents, and by the end of it all, I think we were all a little wiped out, and he was just... well... like I said, overwhelmed! By the end of his birthday present opening, he was tearing open packages two at a time and tossing things on the floor! It was kind of funny, but kind of sad, too. He was exhausted! We didn't even make it to Chuck-E-Cheese until close to 8pm, and we had to wake him up from a nap in the van when we got there. Ian was super pouty for the first half hour or so but then had some fun.

Last year, Ian had a Nemo and Squirt cake for his birthday, and he wanted more Nemo this year, so to make things a little different I made "Mr. Ray":

Ian also wanted orange ice cream... of which he ate about three bites, but he's not a real ice cream fan anyway! (Mommy will enjoy it in the days to come)...

We got some great b-day pics... even though I found it necessary to throw Ian out in the snow for about 10 minutes to get the outdoor ones taken care of (we almost never have outdoor b-day pics. of Ian for obvious reasons... the mail lady laughed at me, as she was delivering at the same time as I was freezing my toddler)!

Oh, how I love my little guy! Happy Birthday Ian!

Lisa

No comments: