Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On Being Five...

Today we went to "Last Minute Madness II"... a shopping and laser tag trip with our youth group...

Since Caleb and Ian are both too young and too short to play laser tag, and I'm not all that good at it anyway (but with baby, I surely would have been super slow and continually getting shot), I decided to take my little guys to the mall while everyone else played...

I thought we were having fun, but not long into our trip, Caleb said, "Mommy... being 5 is no fun at all... I'm almost too little to do anything!" I hadn't realized until that point how badly he wanted to play laser tag...

So...

$60... trip to Build-A-Bear workshop...
$8... ice cream (and a raspberry lemonade julius for Mom)...
$5... ride on the second level of the mall carousel...

Having your five year old snuggle up close to you on an bench at the mall and say, "Mommy... I don't ever want to grow up"... priceless...

I only wish I had brought my camera to photo document our trip... Then again... It probably wouldn't have been the same if Caleb had stopped to pose every few minutes...

There are a couple of things about the mall that baffle me, though, such as...

What do Amish people do with the many bags of things they purchase at stores like Hollister and Aeropostale?

And do I really want to know why the very elderly man with a walker had a HUGE Victoria's Secret bag? Actually... that was kinda cute... I really wish I'd had the camera for that moment...

Lisa

PS... Our family had lunch at Cheddars, too... and I was wearing my sweats again... Yummy... but not so fashionable... L.

No comments: