Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, April 17, 2010

District Children's Quiz... 2010...

Well, who would have thought?

The past couple of months have been nothing short of disastrous as far as quizzing goes... at least from my perspective... We've cancelled practice more than we've had it, and my involvement in helping the kids get ready has been reduced to occasionally reminding them to ask each other a few questions here and there... pathetic...

So as we got ready to start I reminded Seth and Grace (like I always do) that the really important thing is that they've learned some Scripture; and that their attitudes need to be right, regardless of how they do in competition; and that we're going to the regional quiz whether they make the cut for the state quiz or the regional all star team or not...

And then I sat down behind them so they wouldn't see how disappointed I was every time they errored, and I got ready to count a lot of missed questions... uh... way to go Mom...

Except... they didn't error! Not either one of them... not even once... So off we go to the state meet next weekend... and they get to represent the district at regionals, too...

Way to go super quiz kids! Apparently they put a lot more into this than I realized...

Lisa

No comments: