Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Vacationing Close To Home, Part 1...

Phil had some vacation time this week. We took it.

Although we tend to like outlandish, amazing vacations, we're saving that for later in the summer this time around... particularly because we are still exhausted from Miah's arrival, and Miah, herself, is a little young for one of our adventures. I mean, we waited a full five months before subjecting Ian to an entire summer of amusement park fun, and Grace was eight months old before we dragged her through Native American cave dwelling ruins in New Mexico... uh... yeah... we're crazy!

Anyhow...

There are lots of fun things to do close to home, and we're doing them... as day trips... Up first was the Fort Wayne Zoo, lunch at Cheddars, and a trip to the theater to see "Oceans".

The zoo was great. I mean, where else can you hug a Komodo Dragon, sit on a Monkey, ride in a Kangaroo's pouch and be eaten by an Elephant... Oh... wait... those weren't the real, live animals, but we sure enjoyed them anyway... My one complaint about the Fort Wayne Zoo remains that there are no elephants (well, except the skeleton). They do have an amazing assortment of animals that you don't see anywhere else, though. Here's my favorite pic from the day:

Cheddars was yummy, as always, although it is starting to be a trend that I only go there when I am an absolute mess. Ian peed all over his seat, Miah screamed while I ate and fell asleep when I finished, and Caleb and Grace fought about not wanting their place mats to touch... And we still enjoyed our meal... incredible!

"Oceans" was a pretty good experience, minus the fact that I think we just taught our kids that they descended from sea creatures. Seriously, though, the views of the oceans were fantastic, and I would recommend the movie. I would probably not recommend taking a three year old, because it is hard for little people to sit through documentaries, and there are only so many fish that can be compared to Nemo and Dory...

We came home to sleep and are off for another day of surprises tomorrow!

Lisa

No comments: