Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Where I'm At Today...

Some background information first…


3 Weeks ago I gave birth to an amazingly beautiful and wonderful little princess…


2 Weeks ago I thought I was losing my mind and was seriously steeped in a combination of “baby blues”, panic attacks, and postpartum anxiety…


1 Week ago, I was doing much better, although still teary…


Today… I don’t really know…


By the time a baby is 3 weeks old, the mommy is supposed to be over this “baby blues” thing, or else she’s supposed to call it postpartum depression and get help… or drugs… or something, I guess. This has all been really new territory for me (see my post from April 10th).


I am finding that I feel almost normal again: I am eating reasonably… sleeping like anyone with a newborn and a 3 year old who wakes up in the middle of nearly every night should sleep (believe it or not, this is a vast improvement over a couple of weeks ago)… my milk supply is back and Miah is really happy with it, so we dumped the bottles… haven’t taken any kind of pain meds. in many days… generally good stuff…


On the other hand: I am quite exhausted… run down with a cold that keeps hanging on… still teary, but less teary… somewhat sensitive to… well… everything… not as good stuff…


So I’m sitting here trying to figure out if this is a problem or if I can just chalk it up to: new baby after difficult pregnancy, labor, and delivery, so it’s alright that I currently feel kind of like I did when I first brought my other kids home, only it’s sort of delayed…


Hmmm… now that I see it written out like that, I think I’m probably going to be OK… although I do wonder if other people think I should be “bouncing back” (as a friend of mine would put it) at this point, when I’m struggling to keep my eyes open… let alone get dinner on the table…


Will update in another week… hopefully one more step closer to “normal” (whatever that is)…


Lisa

No comments: