Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, August 12, 2010

St. Louis or Bust...

... Again?

We set out to make this trip seven years ago...

Then I think we broke a mirror...

Or something...

So today we left the house 1 hour and 21 minutes late, with some wet white laundry in a plastic bag (gosh, I can just never get it all done), and started our long trek to St. Louis... sort of. We're still a little short, but something has to be saved for tomorrow, right?

The ride was basically uneventful, except for the fact that Caleb exclaimed, "We came all this way for nothing" when we were about halfway here, and Seth was less than enthused about the activity books I bought for the trip, and I quote, "Nice try Mom, these are workbooks! I am not doing school on this vacation! I'd rather take a nap!"

George and Ruth let us borrow their GPS, and because I am such a dork, I used it to keep constant tabs on what restaurants were in the immediate area... hehehe... This did result in our finding a Cheddars for dinner, which is always a plus!

Miah rode well almost all the way, even though Ian stole all her toys.

We listened to our share of Adventures in Odyssey, and fighting was kept to a minimum... although noise was certainly not!

At this moment, Grace is sleeping on the top bunk. It has Batman sheets, and she is less than impressed. Seth is sleeping on the bottom bunk and has proclaimed his bed to be, "stupid". Caleb and Ian are sleeping together, both wearing pull-ups, which I was never going to buy again, but decided it was worth it for a dry vacation. Miah is spread out on the other bed, and we actually might have to call the front desk to bring a crib after all... for us...

Phil made a quick trip to Wal-Mart to purchase a swimsuit for Seth tonight, because we are pretty sure at this point that he left his at camp. Wal-mart was very far away, but Phil is back now.

Life is ironic sometimes... even unmemorable... but this week I hope to make some great memories with our family... finally in St. Louis!

Come back every night to hear about our adventures and leave me some comments so I'll know if anyone is reading!

Lisa

No comments: