Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Miah Turns Two...

... and the hands on the clock just keep on spinning. It never ceases to amaze me how time doesn't slow down, even for a moment.

My typical birthday posts consist of fun stuff, like what the birthday child chose for dinner (we had Stouffers Mac and Cheese, because there is nothing that Miah loves to eat more... and hot dogs on the grill)... and presents (even though we realized at the last second that one of Miah's gifts had not arrived, we had a great assortment of things for her to open, and she loved every minute of it. Miah has been sort of "anti -gift opening" up until now, so this was a fun change of pace)... and pictures (of which I have many to share). Miah's cake was Minnie Mouse and she wanted "caw-kit" (chocolate) ice cream. Overall, I'd say it was an excellent birthday celebration for a toddler...


I can't help thinking back to the way Miah came into the world when we reach another birthday. She was the saddest looking baby I have ever seen... face completely covered in bruises... no picture of a first scream, because it took so long to come... gray, slimy, little thing... I won't re-hash the whole birth story, but I did go back and look at those first few pictures, and it is amazing how she looks like a completely different kid now. Traumatic is probably the best way to describe Miah's birth...


But I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat to have my precious baby girl...


Perhaps this is why when, a couple of months ago, someone mentioned to me that they thought our having Miah was bad timing; I could hardly drive home and threw up in my backyard. I am not kidding. This happened. I haven't written about it before now, because I think I was still processing it. Maybe it took looking at those newborn pictures to put it all in perspective. But let me assure you (and by "you", I mean everyone in the whole world)... there is nothing... absolutely nothing... "bad" about having Miah... nothing... at... all.


Oh... I love my Miah.


Now... Miah keeps me on my toes. She climbs bookshelves... throws instruments at music class... and pulls her older siblings' hair. But she also swings outside for hours... colors dozens of pictures... and prays and sings with me when I put her to bed... so we let the other stuff go...


I cannot imagine our life and family without our "baby princess" who quickly learned that she has everyone wrapped around both her hands and her feet, too, and that she is really "the queen"! God's timing for new life is always perfect. He knew what He was doing when He sent us Miah... even though He broke the mold...


So I mentioned singing... One of Miah's favorite songs, which I have adapted a little bit, is "Beautiful Girl" by Andrew Peterson. At night, we sing the chorus like this, "Hey beautiful girl, Mommy loves you, I love you, Most beautiful girl in the whole wide world". It's been so long since I've listened to the rest of it that I almost forgot there were verses, too... but sure enough I found the lyrics, and here they are (By the way, this song can be found on the recording, "Slugs and Bugs and Lullabies," which is one of the best children's albums ever... in my opinion...)

"Beautiful Girl"

By: Andrew Peterson

I've got you swaddled and I've got your bottle
And you're too loud to ignore
Your mama is sleeping
The angels are keeping
So cry no more

Hey beautiful girl
Daddy loves you, he loves you
Most beautiful girl in the whole wide world

The stars are all shining, the birds are reclining
The squirrels are all nestled down
The trees in the forest are joining the chorus
And swaying to the sound

Hey beautiful girl
Daddy loves you, he loves you
Most beautiful girl in the whole wide world

I know that moons rise, and time flies
And sweet little girls get older.
But when your tooth aches or your heart breaks
Will you still cry on my shoulder?

Hey beautiful girl
Daddy loves you, he loves you
Most beautiful girl in the whole wide world

And here are some pictures of the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world:

Happy Birthday Miah!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: