Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Golfing, Playing, Climbing, and Sliding…


Wisconsin Dells, Day 4...

We actually spent the morning doing “dry” things, which was a plus.  We played two separate indoor mini golf courses, which turned out fun… perhaps especially for Ian who thinks he won, because he had the highest score!  We also climbed around in the indoor play area, which was great because it was huge and adults were allowed to play with their kids!  I am having second thoughts, at the end of the day, regarding my decision to go down one of the slides, but I think I’ll recover…

After really wanting to try the high ropes course, myself, I had my doubts when I got up there with Ian, and he started to panic.  In the end, it turned out alright, but it was sure a lot of work, because I had to basically support Ian’s weight through the whole course, because he was afraid for me to let go of him.  I really loved doing it, but I simultaneously kept thinking, “This is probably the worst thing I have ever done for fun on a vacation!”  We were supposed to have 30 minutes on the course, and at some point Grace found me and said, “Mom… this has been the longest 30 minutes of my life!”  Since I agreed with her, I started looking for a clock and found that we had actually been working our way through the rafters for about 35 minutes… which would explain both the feeling that we had been up there for too long and the exhaustion!

We decided to sit down for ice cream (well… technically I had rainbow sherbet… yum…) while Phil took his turn on the ropes course with Seth and Caleb.  This was an excellent choice, both because the ice cream was super good and because we found free water… which might seem like a silly thing to rejoice over in a waterpark, but we were sure thirsty! 

We went back to the room for dinner… spaghetti… and then headed right back out again for some more waterpark fun…

We enjoyed the “New Frontier” outdoor waterpark and then returned to the “Wild Waterdome”, where we splashed around in the wave pool and rode the family raft ride again.  Phil, Seth, Grace, and Caleb actually rode it again… and again… and again… (3 times)!  

Perhaps the only moment I would rather not relive was when I almost lost my swim shorts… twice… in the wave pool!  In case there was ever any question, I would definitively risk public humiliation before sacrificing my youngest three children to the waves.  And just in case you ever wondered…  it is a real challenge to hold on to the straps of your two year old’s life jacket and the handle of a raft with your five and eight year olds in it!  I honestly thought my right elbow was going to come out of its socket with the weight of those boys!  It was worth it, though, because this afforded Phil the opportunity to send Grace crashing through the waves.

I feel like my trip stories are lacking the excitement that they usually have, but we really are having an excellent time… I’m just beat at the end of every night!

Lisa
Trip Pic. of the Day:
 Finishing Up the Ropes Course!

No comments: